Monday, February 21, 2011

Angela: Exercise

Don't know about the rest of you ladies, but I am finding it so hard to keep exercising. It is amazing how different each pregnancy can be. With my daughter things were so different, it wasn't until the last month of the pregnancy that it got difficult since I developed preclampsia and a rash called PUPS. I know...funny sounding name, not funny feeling.
I am at 23 weeks now and I am so uncomfortable, this baby is a low-rider, making it hard to stick with my 45 minute walks on the weekends and pregnancy yoga during the week. Is anyone else doing some kind of yoga?
I am so much more conscious of what I eat and my activity level. The first pregnancy I ate all food in sight, and had a thing for onion rings. How's everyone else doing with the cravings?

2 comments:

  1. I've had a harder time exercising with this one then my first two. With my first pregnancy I did water aerobics and with my second I got my wii fit and did the Yoga and aerobics on there, I also had a pregnancy workout video from the 80's I think that I did a couple times a week. It was easier for me to do things that I could do at home while my first baby ran around playing. With this pregnancy I started out well with the wii fit but this last month I've been too tired to do it more then once or twice a week. I've yet to gain weight with this pregnancy, but I don't usually gain much until I am nursing. I've learned that is typical in my dad's side of the family I guess. None of the women gain much when pregnant but we do when breastfeeding.
    As for cravings, I never want anything to do with sugar, especially chocolate for my first trimester, but I typically crave Chinese food. In my second semester I get my love of chocolate back and have different cravings almost every week. One week I'll do the pickle thing and the next I'll want cherry fun dip (the flavored sugar stuff that you did a white lick stick into, which I haven't had since I was a kid). Towards the end of my second trimester I always crave steak... This is typically when I find out I'm anemic. With my second pregnancy I also craved blue coconut slushies from Sonic. Wierd? Not sure. I've yet to do any of the strange cravings like anchovies and ice cream or dirt or soap. Anyone have any of those?
    ~Nichole
    PS. Should we comment this way or just add another post? I wasn't sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee! Ive been having hard time just having the energy to exercise. I get home from work and dont feel like doing anything, I am starting again on monday though! :)
    I havent really had any cravings yet, but who knows maybe they will hit soon. Hopefully it will be something good!

    ReplyDelete