Monday, March 14, 2011

Vanessa: Strangers

I had today off so I decided to browse the baby section of Wal-Mart and a total stranger stopped and was talking to me. At first she just gave me advise about the baby monitors I was looking at, which was helpful. I told her I was pregnant with my first and she went off telling me not to worry that I wasn't showing yet and a bunch of other random advice I didn't ask for. It was just really weird. Do you guys get advice from total strangers??

Oh and I am officially 1/2 way now which sounds weird, I cant believe how fast the time has gone!

2 comments:

  1. It's weird to get random advice from strangers. You'll probably get a lot more when you start obviously showing. Everyone likes to be a baby expert and I think some of the older ladies who have been there and raised their kids feel like its almost their duty as an experienced mother. I listen and smile and hope it doesn't last too long, because I normally get tired of standing by the time their done. I'm pretty sure it's normal and once you have another kid or two in the shopping cart with you, it tends to happen less. :) When I first went in to my doctor for this pregnancy he pretty much stopped short on everything he said and added a "you've done this before, so I'm sure you already know."
    ~Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nicole, I think it is just a first kid thing. I get lots less advice now. Thankfully. Although, I will say that when you have your kids more than a couple years apart,(my daughter and son will be almost 4 years) it is good to get a refresher. But I plan to take a class offered from real medical professionals.

    -Angela

    ReplyDelete