Friday, May 6, 2011

Nichole ~Inducing

Up until yesterday my doctor appointments were monthly and now they will be weekly. I went in for the Strep B test and they made sure everything was going ok. We found out that I am already dialated to a 2. I am used to dialating a little early, but I think this might be earlier than my first two. I was told to try to stay sitting throughout the day so that we can put off having this baby until we are officially to term. I'm hoping we don't go early. I'm due on Derrick's last day of school and so I'd like to wait until thats over, I guess I don't have a lot of say though.
Science is always changing. When I was getting ready to have my first they told me that they like to wait until you're 1-2 weeks overdue before they induce and so I was a week over when we induced. With my second they told me they induce between 39 and 41 weeks and wouldn't let you go more than a week over. We ended up getting induced on his due date. They kind of pushed being induced in my 39th week. With this little one they told us they won't let us go over the due date by more than half a week. He said that they don't recommend going in before 39 weeks still, but that the risks of going in a little before then are about the same as going in after the 40.5 weeks. We'd like to try and go to at least the 40 weeks. I like the idea of the baby having all the time he needs to develop. I understand that when pregnant women start to get to end of their pregnancy they just want it to be over or for the convenience of it, but I don't know if it's worth the risks of inducing early. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment